Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Too Many Dust Bunnies

So here I am, beating this horse again. I’ve no real reason why I’ve decided to relaunch my short and shitty writing, but I guess part of it has to do with the fact that a friend suggested that I keep writing. My old Technews column was good, they said. I always read it, they said. So I’m doing this to serve my old readers, or at the very least to appeal to my own vanity.

My girlfriend has a very interesting way of describing my personality. She says that I’m a really nice guy in person, but when I write I become a total asshole. I do the written equivalent of screaming my lungs out at somebody who probably doesn’t deserve, but made a misstep in my direction and hence I feel like punishing them. The administration of my alma mater often made for delectable cannon fodder, and luckily it delighted those who shared my outlook.

This time around, I have no idea what to write about. Hell, without deadlines, I’m not sure whether or not I’ll be able to force myself to write. It was quite convenient back then, when I had 30 minutes to put something together, so I’d essentially buckle down and participate in a 10 Minutes Hate and then put the words to paper before my roommate told me to shut up…or disprove my point. Damn, he was good at that.

So for no real reason than “Hey I want to do this again”…here I am, doing this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment